I’m sure most of you are curious as to where donations go. So, with that in mind, here are some updates on some of the students our donor’s have helped to put in school.
- Pierre Darline and Emmanuel Elianise both took cooking courses along with their regular courses, and thoroughly enjoyed learning how to make healthy salads and cake. I’m sure we can all agree these are two crucial recipes!
- Rose Samalia really enjoyed her chemistry class. As a hopeful nursing student, she understands the importance of this course for her future studies.
- Marie Helene loved learning about geology, and being able to know about different rocks and ground formations.
- As for Pierre Maudeline, Pierre’s favorite subject last semester was Haitian History: “it is important as a Haitian to know all the history of Haiti.”
- Richmond Saintelmy learned how to lay tile at his trade school last semester. This was huge for Saintelmy, who wants to get a job in this line of work in the future.
Some words from our students:
“I don’t know how to thank you, the donors, who gave me the possibility to go to school, because without your help I would not have the possibility to go to school.” -Pierre Darline
“Happy New Year to all the donors! God Bless You!” -Rose Samalia
“I thank you so much because you chose to help me go to school…I know I cannot pay you for that, but God will help you in every thing you are doing so that you can continue to help others who are in need.” -Emmanuel Elianise
“I wish happy new year to all the donors who are helping me go to school, I say thank you to all of you who make my scholarship possible, without you I won’t have the possibility to go to school.” -Marie Helene
“With the help you give to Haiti Scholarships, more kids and young adults will have the possibility to go to school, and those people will help other people go to school in the future, after they finish their education.” -Pierre Maudeline
And from all of us here at Haiti Scholarships: THANK YOU!